- 04-Apr-2013 to 30-Apr-2013 (EST)
- New Orleans
- New Orleans, LA, USA
- Full Time
Summary: Directs the daily operations, programs, and staff of the Resort assuring compliance with company standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities for the resort manager include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the daily operation of the resort and manages operations to provide and maintain standards of conduct, cleanliness, and safety.
- Supervises, trains, coaches, and evaluates Resort staff based on company standards and guidelines.
- Prepares work schedules, bank deposits, administrative paperwork, human resource paperwork, and maintains employee files. Ensures accuracy of reports prepared by subordinates.
- Oversees the purchasing of authorized supplies and maintains records and inventories.
- Performs staff duties as required to maintain resort operations.
- Works with Corporate General Manager and maintenance to maintain facilities.
Resort Manager Qualifications:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Resort Manager Education/Experience:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Qualified individual must have experience in retail, restaurant, hospitality operations or similar; ability to read financial reports and manage payroll, inventory.
Resort Manager Language Ability:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- The manager will be an ambassador of Pet Paradise and must be comfortable calling on prospective clients, businesses, etc.
Resort Manager Math Ability:
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Resort Manager Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Resort Manager Computer Skills:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of KennelSoft's Atlantis System preferred.
Resort Manager Certificates and Licenses:
- Canine/feline CPR (ability to procure within first 30 days of employment)
- Valid driver's license
Resort Manager Special Skills:
- Professional appearance in compliance with dress code
- Confident and energetic personality
- Strong organizational, cash management, and sales skills
- Strong ability to multi-task; work without constant supervision
- Reliable and flexible to Resort needs
- Able to handle a variety of animals safely and comfortably
- Motor vehicle