- 08-Apr-2013 to 30-May-2013 (EST)
- New Orleans
- New Orleans, LA, USA
- Part Time
WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS A MUST!
Summary: Responsible for the daily care of guests including, but not limited to, proper feeding, cleaning, exercising and bathing by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Cleans and maintains guest areas of the resort in such a manner as to provide an odor-free and low-stress environment for the guests.*
2. Feeds, exercises, and provides daily care for all guests.*
3. Oversee daily day camp of resort guests
4. Ensure safety of group play of dogs up to 150lbs
5. Empties trash, mops all floors, and cleans restrooms, common areas, and employee breakroom.*
6. Reports any potential hazards or behavioral problems to the Resort Supervisor, Resort Assistant Manager or Resort Manager.*
7. Performs other duties as instructed by the Resort Supervisor, Resort Assistant Manager or Resort Manager.*
8. Receives feedback from the Resort Supervisor, Resort Assistant Manager and Resort Manager and receives a formal performance review at 90-days, six months, and each six months thereafter.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prior animal care experience or training is preferred but not required.
• Needs knowledge of dog behavior, pack behavior
• Needs knowledge of identifying agressive behavior
• Needs mental and physical capacity to prevent/resolve dog fights safely
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Licenses:
Canine/feline CPR certification preferred
Ability to comprehend and follow both verbal and written directions
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Reliable and flexible to Resort needs
Animal handling skills preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The Resort Associate may be exposed to animals that are agitated and/or injured. Associates may be exposed to animals that may scratch and/or bite.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!